Its AF drive system uses TAMRON’s linear motor focus mechanism VXD (Voice-coil eXtreme-torque Drive) for superior quietness and agile performance. In the lens you´ll find special lens elements arranged precisely to maintain high resolution performance from edge-to-edge and provide high image quality that is among the best of all all-in-one zoom lenses.
With an MOD (Minimum Object Distance) of 15cm at the wide end and a maximum magnification ratio of 1:2, this lens performs astonishingly well in its category when shooting up close. It is equipped with Tamrons´s popular VC (Vibration Compensation) mechanism that supports stable photography even at ultra-telephoto focal lengths.
And it features a unified 67mm filter size, the same as other Tamron lenses for mirrorless cameras.
- The world’s first 16.6x all-in-one zoom.
- Extremely fast and precise AF, VXD linear motor focus mechanism, the highest-level in its class.
- MOD: 15cm, maximum magnification ratio: 1:2 at 18mm wide end.
- The best image quality in its class.
- Outstanding VC.
- Comfortably compact.
- User-friendly features (moisture-resistant construction, fluorine coating, zoom lock switch)